Monday, May 27, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading? Memorial Day Edition


It's Monday! What are you reading? --From Picture Books to YA--is a weekly meme hosted by Jen and Kellee at Teach Mentor Texts.  Head over to their blog for links to many great blogs and a plethora of good book suggestions.

This was another busy week as we start getting ready for the end of the year.  With my 8th graders we also are in charge of planning a completion ceremony and 8th grade fun trip so things are hopping in my neck of the woods lately.  I finished most of my report cards today so I will have much more time for reading this week.

Books I Finished This Week:

Aprilynne Pike was one of the authors I heard speak two weeks ago.  She was really witty and fun and I found her book to be that way as well.  Wings was a fun read about a girl who one day wakes up and finds a flower growing out of her back.  Needless to say, it turns out to be a story about faeries but it is definitely a fun one!  I will be looking for the other books in the series to read soon.


Books I am Currently Reading:

I am currently listening (still) to Days of Blood and Starlight.  I thought I was almost done a couple weeks ago but actually I was almost done with the first part on the audiobook.  This book is so beautiful.  I love the narrator, but I will also need to look for a hard copy of the book.  I listen to the book while working out and find myself dwelling on the beauty of the language.  I wish I could be writing things down while listening.  (and I am pretty sure my heart is going to be breaking with the storyline also)

I am also reading In Darkness, which is heartbreaking and fascinating.  I am learning so much about Haiti through this book.  I can see why this one won the Printz award this week.  I also started Rot and Ruin and am finding this one quite entertaining too.  There is a little bit so far about the morality of killing zombies which is somewhat unique.  I will be interested to see how the rest of the book goes.


What's up next?

I have SOOOO many books on my pile!  I want to get to Aristotle and Dante this week and I have Pepper which is a book about this spice from the library which seems quite intriguing.  I also would like to get to the new Eoin Colfer book which I have in e-galley form.  I will probably also start Notice and Note so that I can participate with the Twitter chat next week.

What are you reading?  Have a great reading week!

No comments:

Post a Comment