Join in the celebration at www.ruthayreswrites.com or share on Twitter #celebratelu
- I am cautiously optimistic about the change in leadership at my school. We all were nervous about this really messed-up situation. A higher-level administrator in Central Services was demoted and placed at our school. This bumped out the Assistant Principal who was acting as Principal for our school. We were all upset about this change because we really loved what the Assistant Principal was doing. She was moving us in a great direction. At first, they were going to take this person away from us and bring in the other person. Then, they changed their minds, due in part to pressure from parents, and left her at our building along with the new person. Now, we have two really strong administrators. It seems to be going well. The few things I was worried about don't seem to be happening. Our school is transitioning well and I think we will continue to move in the positive direction that we were moving in.
- The last two weeks, my niece had her first dance lessons. My sister has been sending me videos and pictures of the class. It has been lighting up my day to see the joy that is in the room with all those toddlers learning to dance. Plus, the tutus!!!
- The ridiculously miserable cold that has been hanging around me all week seems to be getting better and going away. I don't have as much congestion this morning. Maybe I will actually be able to get something done today!
- Friday was record day for us at school. I was able to clean and organize my classroom. I also put together the cart I bought from IKEA. I bought it so that I would have a place for my document camera. It fits perfectly. It is going to be so much better for me. I know I will be using the camera more frequently now.
- I talked to the new principal and got permission to rework my class schedule. I had been following a master schedule that was given to us by the principal with whom we started the year. I am super excited about flipping my schedule around because it will give me more time for literacy. I have been trying to fit everything into a too-packed morning and falling short.
- My husband and I have been watching Friends on Netflix. It is so fun to watch the show. I can't believe that it already was 20 years ago that these episodes were airing for the first time.
- My package from Erin Condren arrived on Wednesday. I bought a package they put together for New Years. I can't wait to start using my new colorful budget planner and health journal. I also bought some pretty address labels. I know it will make my day to use those labels. Yay for pretty stationary!
What do you have to celebrate this week? I would love to hear from you in the comments!