Monday, August 3, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 8/3

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? --From Picture Books to YA is a weekly meme started by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers. This is a chance for bloggers to recap their week of reading and share their plans for the next reading adventures they will take. Visit the host blogs for a list of great blogs participating in this meme and a whole bunch of titles to add to your to-read lists.

My poor blog has been quite neglected and pitiful this summer. I am enjoying my summer and it has been nice to just play it by ear and not necessarily stick to a schedule. This blog post will include the books I have read in the last two weeks since I didn't get to write last week. 

Books I Have Finished:

I bought Life After Theft because I was really interested in reading it after seeing Aprilynne Pike talk at an event. She is so funny! I really enjoyed reading the book. The characters are witty and clever. This is a fun read that many young adults would really love. I highly recommend this one for a light read.


Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori Lee is a very intriguing fantasy book. It captivated my attention from the first page. I highly recommend this book to grades 8 and up, especially fantasy fans. 


I love Rainbow Rowell and all the novels she has written! Landline is a novel written for adults and is a realistic look at marriage and the way people choose their priorities. The way the author weaves together a science fiction element and the great story about relationships is magic. I really loved this one and would highly recommend it for adults, especially those of us who can remember having to memorize a friend's number and call back multiple times in order to reach our friend. 

Milo gets pulled into a world full of Ogres and needs to figure out his way back home. He goes on a big adventure with lots of dangerous escapes. I know my 4th graders will love this book! I can't wait to share it with them when it comes out in September!


I have seen a lot of great things said about this book. I completely agree with all of them. What a magical story! I cannot wait to share this story with my students. I would highly recommend this one for grades 3 and up. 



Currently Reading:

I am reading The Witch of Lime Street: Seance, Seduction, and Houdini in the Spirit World from NetGalley. It is a fascinating historical account of how science tried to prove that the psychic world exists. I am really enjoying learning about this time in history. I am also reading Breath, Eyes, Memory by Edwidge Danticat and listening to Rebecca.  

What's Next?

I am not sure what will be next. I do have a pile from the library and a shelf full of books from my class library that I wanted to read this summer. 

What are you reading this week? Any recommendations for me? I would love to hear from you in the comments! 



No comments:

Post a Comment