Monday, February 1, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 2/1




It's Monday! What Are You Reading? --From Picture Books to YA is a weekly meme started by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers. This is a chance for bloggers to recap their week of reading and share their plans for the next reading adventures they will take. Visit the host blogs for a list of great blogs participating in this meme and a whole bunch of titles to add to your to-read lists.

I am reading so many books right now and almost all of them are long ones. Therefore, I only finished one this week even though I am reading a lot. 

Books I Finished this week:

Blog, Inc: Blogging for Passion, Profit, and to Create Community was a quick read. I am thinking a lot about how to bring out more of my voice and write more. I will be changing a few things with my blog and working to make it more than it is right now. This book had some good advice, but was more about how to monetize your blog which is not really where I think I will go from here. It also had advice for people who are just starting out with blogging. 


Books I am Currently Reading: 

   I am reading 1Q84 and will be for quite some time more. I am also reading Revolution by Deborah Wiles and The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli. For personal improvement, I am listening to Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert and reading The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom by Suze Orman. 

What's Next? 

   I don't know what will be next. Right now, I will just hope to finish at least one of the books I have going. 


What are you reading this week? I would love to hear from you in the comments! 


8 comments:

  1. I admire anyone who can read more than one book at a time. I can't do it. I lose track of plots. I am curious about Revolution. I read another book by Wiles which I really enjoyed. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your reading week sounds a lot like mine. I'm in the middle of lots of books, too. I'd like to read the blogging book you finished, and Big Magic is high on my list for this year. I loved Countdown by Wiles, but haven't gotten to Revolution yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Big Magic, a next n-f adult book. I still need to finish Quiet first! It sounds as if you have a great array of good books going, Andrea. I would like to make some changes on my blog, but haven't made the time yet-so much going on. Thanks for sharing about that blog book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are very invested into growing our website - but haven't really explored some of these tools that I think we should look into. Thanks for sharing what you're reading that is blog-related.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blogging book sounds interesting, though I'm certainly not interested in monetizing my blog. I assign blogging in several of my classes so might read to see if there are tips I could share with my new bloggers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am impressed by anyone who can have so many books on the go at the same time. I can almost handle two. One of them is an audiobook and the other I read with my eyes. Sometimes, and very rarely, I might have an information book on the go as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete