I can't believe that I read 236 books in 2012! This is the first year I kept count and I am super impressed with myself. I didn't keep track of the types of books I was reading so I can't break that number down unless I go through my Goodreads shelf manually to count and I don't really have time for that. This year I will keep a spreadsheet of my own to help me keep track of how many of the different types of books I am reading.
My goals for 2013:
2013 book challenges:
- Get healthy by changing eating habits and working out regularly
- Enjoy reading without putting pressure on myself to finish books at a neck-breaking speed
- Blog more often and write reviews
- Write more and work to brainstorm an idea I can start developing so that I can be more of a participant and less of a lurking presence in Teachers Write
- Get my financial picture in order and stay on top of it better
- Keep up with class website and gradebook online for better parent communication
2013 book challenges:
I will be continuing the NerdPrintz challenge this year which is hosted by Kathy at The Brain Lair. Last year, I was very excited when I stumbled across this challenge. I am reading Printz books as I obtain them, not in any special order. I will try to finish the list of books during 2013, including the books that are announced at the end of January. You can see my list of completed books here. The titles in red are ones I have read.
I really like all the dystopian/post-apocalyptic young adult novels so I decided to join this challenge in 2013 which is hosted by Bookish Ardour. I am going to attempt the Contagion level to read 15 books. Find the list of books I will read on my 2013 challenges page here.
I had never heard of Steampunk until last year when I was at the Key West Literary Seminar and their theme was Speculative Fiction. The authors there did an excellent job of defining Steampunk and I realized that I had read many of these books. This challenge will help me to continue to expand my horizons and read some books that are outside of my normal reading. I will attempt the Geared level reading 5 books in this genre. This is another one hosted by Bookish Ardour. You can find a list of the books I will read for this one on my challenges page.
What challenges will you participate in this year? What are some of your goals?