Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR


I am joining in on this weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week there is a different top ten list topic and a bunch of bloggers weighing in.  Head on over there to see more of the great blogs participating.

There are so very many books on my TBR shelf.  I think I have well over 100 books in my house that I would like to read. These are the books that I am hoping to read this winter.  

Books off the shelf:



I loved both Boy21 and Sorta Like a Rock Star. I am super excited to read Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick and was happy to get a good deal on Black Friday so that I could get a copy of this one.

I am a little embarrassed to admit that I have not read any books by Ellen Hopkins.  I have Crank and Glass on my shelf at home and need to read them so I can get them to my classroom.

The Dark and Hollow Places is a title on my dystopian challenge list.  I have read the first two books in the The Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy and want to finish the series.

I have been avoiding Out of My Mind because of the content.  My stepbrother, who had severe cerebral palsy, passed away last December.  I was a little afraid that this book would bring things a little too close for comfort.  I am still a little nervous about reading the book, but I think I am now a little more able to deal with it now.

Books on my Kindle:

I am traveling to Spain over the holidays to spend Christmas with my in-laws. I know I will have time to read so many of my Kindle titles will get read while I am traveling.  





The Silver Linings Playbook looks like such a great book.  I am really interested to read this adult book by Matthew Quick.

I am trying to read my way through all the Printz award and honor books.  On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta is a book that I want to get to soon.

The Forsaken looks so good! I have been completely intrigued by this book for over a year now.  It is a title that I have had on my Kindle for a while and I just keep forgetting about it.


I have never heard a single negative thing being said about any of these books.  I loved Eleanor and Park and cannot wait to read another one by Rainbow Rowell.  A.S. King is also an author I have recently discovered.  Ask the Passangers was amazing and I have big hopes for Everybody Sees the Ants.  I am also very interested to read The Miseducation of Cameron Post.


I have SO MANY books on my TBR shelf and waiting for me on the Kindle and yet I keep going to bookstores and looking at the daily deals on Amazon.  I hope I can at least get through these top ten books this winter.

Time to curl up with a nice mug of hot cocoa and get to reading!

What is on your TBR pile?  I would love to hear from you in the comments.





2 comments:

  1. You have a real treat in store with Jellicoe Road. Melina Marchetta is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jellicoe Road is one that I am dying to read, but have to wait till after Christmas for that one. Also really want to read Fangirl, looks so good and every review I have seen is positive. I really enjoyed the Silver Linings Playbook, and even though the movie was really different, I really enjoyed that too.

    Great list! I hope you get to read them all. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete