Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: 2014 Release Books I am Dying to Read

I am joining in on this weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week there is a different top ten list topic and a bunch of bloggers weighing in.  Head on over there to see more of the great blogs participating.

This is a difficult list to put together because there are SO MANY great books that are scheduled to come out in 2014.  I may have cheated a little bit and put a few more than 10...

It seems that this year is the year for book three of a trilogy.  These are all the final installments that I am chomping at the bit to read!

I loved The Selection and The Elite. I really can't wait to find out how things will work out for America.  I also am very interested to see how this world will fare.  Will the caste system remain?  What will happen with the rebels?


I loved Shatter Me and need to get reading so I can finish Unravel Me and be ready for this one.  It is another fascinating world and I am looking forward to seeing how this story ends.

I cannot wait for The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.  If you have not read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and The Evolution of Mara Dyer you need to remedy that situation immediately.  This is a fantasy/thriller/mystery/romance series that will leave you breathless.  It has been WAY too long to wait for this final one and I STILL have to wait until June.  I can't wait to see how it all turns out and what exactly is happening.

Perry is one of my biggest book crushes.  The world of this trilogy is such a harsh world and the characters must do so many things and sacrifice so much to survive.  I hope that Aria and Perry are able to find the Still Blue and figure out a way to save the world.  Through the Ever Night was so heartbreaking and I would bet this one will be too, but I can't wait to find out.


Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor is the third book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series.  So much is happening in that book and in the world of demons and angels. This is another one that was heartbreaking but beautiful in the second book.  I hope that things will work out well for Karou and all the creatures living in her world.



Raging Star is another book I am really looking forward to reading.  I love Saba and Jack and I hope to see them do good things and change their world for the better in this book.





I loved The False Prince and The Runaway King and I am sure I will also love The Shadow Throne.  



Cress is a third book in a series, but is not the final installment.  In Scarlet, I really became intrigued with the world of the Lunar Chronicles series.  I love how Marissa Meyer is taking fairy tales and giving them the science fiction twist.  I am so excited for this one!



These are the other books I am looking forward to in 2014:


I am really excited to read The Summer of Letting Go by Gae Polisner.  I really loved The Pull of Gravity and I enjoy reading Gae's posts on Facebook and tweets on Twitter.  I have loved the glimpses of her other writing throughout the summers during Teachers Write and cannot wait to get my hands on this one.


If Threatened by Eliot Schrefer is anything like Endangered, it will be an absolute must-read. I love the concept of his series of books about the big apes and will enjoy reading about chimpanzees in this one.


I love Matthew Quick's books and am excited to see that there is another new one coming soon.  The Good Luck of Right Now sounds like another great book which will make me think.



There are so many other books coming out in 2014 that I am looking forward to, but I am trying to limit myself and narrow down the list.  I think I did pretty well considering.  I will definitely have a very busy wallet and an ever-changing to-read pile throughout the spring and summer.



4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to The One as well, but honestly, I'm kinda nervous about this one. I hope she writes the HEA I want America to have!

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh we have several books the same this week- Cress, The Retribution of Mara Dyer, The One and Ignite Me. :-) I hope we enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really looking forward to The Good Luck of Right Now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! A lot of these made my own list, but I need to read the whole series for them - Shatter Me, Lunar Chronices and Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. I'm excited to get to all of them next year. I also really want to see how it all ends for America in the One as well. My TTT

    ReplyDelete