Monday, July 28, 2014
Celebrate July 26 (Better Late Than Never)
Join this fabulous group of bloggers as we celebrate our weeks. You can link up on Ruth Ayres blog at www.ruthayreswrites.com
I had a wonderful week full of things to celebrate, big and small.
1. I went to the tea shop this week and bought two different flavors of loose tea. I really love the new Blackberry Mojito Iced Tea Lemonade at Starbucks and had not known that there were teas out there with that type of flavor. I bought Watermelon Lime and another tropical flavor tea and will be having some fun refreshing iced tea to drink at home. I love that this is an option for sugar free yumminess (and some antioxidants too).
2. On Thursday, my husband and I remembered that Milwaukee Ale House does free river boat cruises for patrons. They did the cruises earlier than usual so there weren't many people. We basically had a private cruise out into Lake Michigan. It was a gorgeous day for boating.
3. On Friday, we went to the campground where my parents just bought a trailer. It was fun zooming around the campground on the golf cart, sitting at the beach, and then having a nice campfire to roast marshmallows and make smores.
4. On Saturday, we spent the day with my mom in Madison. We went to the Farmer's Market, toured the new library, and then spent some time at Memorial Union terrace. We miss some of these things and it is always nice to be able to do them when we are in town.
5. My cousin is going to be leaving for an international teaching job in Turkey. She had a going-away party on Saturday night. I am so excited for her. It will be a big adventure for her since she will be doing her first year teaching this year and it is in a foreign country. That is a lot of adjusting to do. Good thing she is young and full of energy. It was nice to see my extended family at the picnic and to catch up with them.
6. My dog had a mini-vacation at her favorite doggie spa. We love the place where we board her. She has so much fun there and LOVES the place. She can tell when we are packing her stuff up and starts to get excited then. The car ride is a noisy time as she vocalizes to let us know how excited she is. Then, we pull into the parking lot at the place and we almost need ear plugs. She can't get in there fast enough and she does not look back when they take her into the play yard. It is so nice to have a good place to leave her in really great hands.
I also did more writing this week. I have been reading some books about writing and doing some of the exercises that were suggested. I was really good about daily writing until Friday, when we were with my parents. I will get back on track this week.
What do you have to celebrate this week? I would love to hear from you in the comments!