Saturday, July 4, 2015

Celebrate: July 4th


It's Saturday and that means it is time to reflect on the week and celebrate things both big and small. Join our community and celebrate this week by linking up or just stopping by the host Ruth Ayres' blog to read others' celebrations.

This week was full of celebrations--big and little. 

Monday, my husband left for Spain to go visit his parents. I decided not to go with him this year, and it is hard. However, my celebration is that he had a safe flight. I also love the modern conveniences of being able to use the internet to communicate. We are able to use FaceTime to communicate and he doesn't seem so far away.  

Tuesday, I had a meeting with my book club. I was so excited that we continued to meet for the summer. I continue to celebrate the fact that I took a chance and sent out a message and now I have a fun time with colleagues to look forward to each month.  Some of the teachers in this book club have been encouraged to start reading more which I am so glad about. 

Also on Tuesday, I had a massive fangirl moment. I wrote a Slice of Life post about seeing Dave Burgess speak. Then I shared the post on Twitter. Dave Burgess commented on my post! He also shared the link to my blog post and I had a lot more traffic to my blog. I was flipping out!  

Wednesday, I decided to walk to a local restaurant for lunch and then to the public library in my neighborhood. It was a pleasant day and I enjoyed the walk through the park. I saw so many kids and moms. I enjoyed my solitary walk and a delicious lunch. 

Thursday, I lost myself in a good book. I had packing and cleaning to do. I should have mowed the lawn before leaving town, but I sat and read. It was amazing. I love that I can have these kind of moments in the summertime with minimal guilt. 

Friday, I had two smooth flights with a nice layover in Phoenix. I arrived at noon and had a great day with my mom, my sister, and her family. 

Lastly, let me say Happy 4th of July! I am especially excited for this holiday this year because I traveled out to California to spend some time with my sister, her husband, and my two nieces. I am overlapping for a few days with my mother visiting them as well. It is so fun to spend this holiday with my family. When my grandparents were alive, the 4th of July was one of two times that we gathered the entire extended family for a party. It is nice to enjoy a holiday BBQ together this year. My older niece is 2 years old and she is such a busy toddler. It is so fun to spend time with her. The other one is 2 weeks old. Cuddling with a newborn is a special time. 

What do you have to celebrate this week? I would love to hear from you in the comments! 

 

2 comments:

  1. I hope your husband is having as good a family time as you are, Andrea! Happy Independence Day. Glad you're having a great time. Your week before sounds good too. I am looking forward to a few days of just reading, am still cleaning up all the books & will be for a while. It was a nice week with my granddaughters. Their regular sitter was on vacation so I had them each afternoon. Busy times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a wonderful week of celebrations! Family fun!
    How exciting to have the link to your post shared!

    ReplyDelete