Saturday, September 19, 2015

Celebrate This Week! 9/19


It's Saturday and that means it is time to reflect on the week and celebrate things both big and small. Join our community and celebrate this week by linking up or just stopping by the host Ruth Ayres' blog to read others' celebrations.

I have had such a hard time getting to my blog lately. As I am getting back into a school year routine, I am working to try to carve out the time for everything I want to do. It doesn't help that the school year always starts with super hot temperatures and humid conditions which make it hard to get through the school day in a building that is not air-conditioned. Since I now know that I have MS, the extreme fatigue at the end of a super hot work day makes much more sense to me. At the end of one of these days, the only thing I want to do is veg out on the couch and go to bed early.  And so, the first thing I am celebrating today is the fact that I remembered and made the time to write a blog post.

I have had a great week! 

On Wednesday, Liesl Shurtliff came to do an author visit at my school. I was super excited about this visit and so were the students! We loved her presentation and I know there will be a lot of kids reading both Rump and Jack this year. I know that I will be able to celebrate the release date of Red: The True Story of Little Red Riding Hood this Spring with many students at my school.  



At home, my new cabinets were delivered on Wednesday. We are now waiting for the contractors to come to unbox them and inspect them and then we will have a schedule for the kitchen remodel. It is pretty exciting to think about how my kitchen will look at the end of the remodel, but it is also quite nerve wracking.  Today, the dishwasher and range hood will be delivered also. 

Last, but not least, I am celebrating a great start to the school year. I have a very sweet and eager class of students. I am really enjoying the first few weeks of getting routines and rituals started in the classroom. My students have built up 20 minutes of stamina in independent reading and are also doing well with stamina in writing time. I am really excited about the community that we have already started to build in class. 


What are you celebrating this week? I would love to hear from you in the comments!


5 comments:

  1. Excellent celebrations, Andrea. Your first on the list -- remembering to write a post made me smile. Life twirls so quickly! I agree, remembering is a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had a hard but rewarding week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much here to celebrate, Andrea, you taking care of yourself & understanding more because of the MS, your new kitchen (I did that once, it is nerve-racking, the waiting & waiting), & the wonderful class. Lovely to see you writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are having a lovely start to your year! And . . . happy new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you were able to celebrate on the blog. Your celebrations made me smile. ;)

    ReplyDelete