It's Saturday and that means it is time to reflect on the week and celebrate things both big and small. Join our community and celebrate this week by linking up or just stopping by the host Ruth Ayres' blog to read others' celebrations.
How did it get to be the end of September already? How the time flies!
This week I am celebrating...
- Peaceful Independent Reading time and an increase in reading stamina among my students.
- A smooth start to conferencing with my students. Some of them didn't even notice that I had started.
- Vitamin String Quartet music on Amazon Prime that helps us have peaceful work times
- Writing enthusiasm among my students and the variety of genres and topics that they explore each day
- Enjoying Rump together and hearing the insights and predictions of my students as we read
- Joyful, happy noise of our weekly board game time--we got out the Hot Wheels cars and ramps this week...
- A really fun curriculum from Hot Wheels for 4th grade Science. (Speedometry is the name of the curriculum...it's free and aligned with NGSS)
- A nice stack of Student Council applications to sort through and the excellent ideas these middle school students have
- Barre classes and the enthusiasm I have for getting back into workouts because of the studio I go to
- PUMPKIN everything! I love this season!
- The cool fall nights that have brought some relief from hot days in the school
- GoNoodle---a great resource for brain breaks in the classroom...so fun!
- My new Birkenstocks and my orthotics that will help me have good arch support and hopefully heal the tendonitis in my ankle (and keep me from needing a boot for the same reason).
What do you have to celebrate this week? I would love to hear from you in the comments!