It's Saturday and that means it is time to reflect on the week and celebrate things both big and small. Join our community and celebrate this week by linking up or just stopping by the host Ruth Ayres' blog to read others' celebrations.
This is one of those weeks in which I had to dig deep and really look for the things to celebrate. In the middle of the week my family got some news that devastated us and will be a dark cloud over us for a while. I can't share it yet since it isn't my news to share, but I'll just say Cancer sucks!
Things I am celebrating this week:
- I mentioned to a friend that I was craving pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting and didn't know where to find them to buy them. She went home and baked me some pumpkin bars that night. I am celebrating good friends who do randomly nice things for you.
- We worked hard all week on transitions and by the end of the week things were much smoother. I have a lot of students that are really working hard to do the right thing and use their self-control.
- Writing time is awesome. I love hearing the groans when I say that our time is up. They are loving the chance to share their stories and I am so excited about what we will be able to do this year.
- Reading went well this week too. I think the timing for my literacy block will work out and I am proud of my students for really increasing their stamina for independent work.
- The Scholastic book box came with the easier books that I ordered. I have some students who are significantly below grade level and I was happy to be able to give them better options for books to read and enjoy.
- The student who has finished two books in the last two weeks and didn't finish any books last year.
- The student who told me one morning that her mom had to take her book away the night before because she didn't stop reading and she had to do chores.
- Having an administrator who understands that sometimes life happens and doesn't make me feel bad about needing to be absent.
- My sister is moving to Savannah, GA. Her husband found a great job that he is excited about. They have been living out in LA for six years. Although Savannah is not super close to Wisconsin, it is still a lot closer. We can even drive there if we decide to take a road trip. I am excited to have them a little bit closer and to probably see them much more often.
- The kitchen remodel starts Monday!!!!
What do you have to celebrate this week? I would love to hear from you in the comments!