Saturday, October 24, 2015

Celebrate This Week 10/24


Things to celebrate this week:

Curiosity I got to go to the Madison Central Library with my 2-year-old niece. The building was completely renovated and the library Children's room is awesome! It was so fun to follow my niece around as she explored the space. Since the library is a block from my Mom's condo, she had already been there a few times and knew just what toys she wanted to play with. We also used the iPad that is set up for kids. She did an awesome job using the app Endless Alphabet and did these loud (sort of embarrassing) child cackles as she saw the app celebrating her correct answers. It was so fun!


Learning My classroom continues to be a place that makes me smile every day. I love the fact that this group of kids is so respectful of each other. We have fun with GoNoodle every day and the students are loving many of our learning activities. This week I showed them the fact that our desks are dry-erase surfaces. They LOVED being able to draw on their desks. I also introduced my logic games from ThinkFun and they enjoyed being able to problem solve with these puzzle games.

Doctors I was able to get to urgent care and not have to wait for very long on Thursday night. I am glad to have the antibiotics that will kick my sinus infection to the curb.

Family Out of our awful experience of losing my Stepfather, comes the opportunity to see and spend time with my sister and my nieces each weekend. I am heading to Madison again today to be there with my family and help out with babysitting for my sister to get some of her work done. We get to see them one more weekend before they head off to Savannah to start their life there. I am also looking forward to hosting the family for Halloween trick-or-treat in my neighborhood (and I will have the kitchen finished and ready by then if everything stays on schedule this week).

What are you celebrating this week? I would love to hear from you in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. Your life sounds satisfying, but busy, Andrea. First, I am glad that you got the meds you needed. It's lovely, too, that you're able to spend so much time with family before your sister moves. And, glad to hear all about the class doing well. That is a good thing, too. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curiosity, family and learning are all things I could celebrate too. These are valuable things in our lives. I'm so glad that you are getting the medical care that will help you feel better.

    ReplyDelete