Saturday, January 2, 2016

Celebrate 1/2/2016


It's Saturday and that means it is time to reflect on the week and celebrate things both big and small. Join our community and celebrate this week by linking up or just stopping by the host Ruth Ayres' blog to read others' celebrations.

This week I am celebrating a nice two weeks of relaxing and rejuvenating. I have had a fabulous winter break and am ready to head back to work on Monday. I celebrate fun family times. We drove down to Savannah, where my sister and her family are now living, for Christmas. Then, we came back to Milwaukee just in time to drive through a winter storm and enjoy almost a full week relaxing at home. Here are some pictures that capture our days on the trip. Happy New Year to everyone!



My niece was super excited to ride on the trolley through Savannah.
My husband, Ramon, with the kid's menu hat and our adult beverage at The Pirate's House restaurant. Fun times!
Sometimes you end up with hilarious pictures when you try to force a pose. My mother did get a nicer picture with smiles for everyone, but this one is too funny! (And I am celebrating the smile on my mother's face. It is hard being recently widowed during the holidays)
Someone is quite pleased with her Christmas haul, without even really understanding what is going on. 
 
This is the best picture to sum up how yummy is the ice cream at Leopold's Ice Cream 


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and is ready for a fabulous 2016! What do you have to celebrate? I would love to hear from you in the comments!




3 comments:

  1. Love seeing all the pictures and am glad that your mother had so much family around her this Christmas. I've been to Savannah & thought it was a lovely town. Glad you made it to Milwaukee, what a trip that must have been. I enjoyed all my family to, Andrea. My son & family left this am. I'll miss them but we had a wonderful time. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there are some very amusing pictures here! Loved scrolling through them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real life no-pose pictures share the joys best. Your pics made me smile. Have a wonderful first week back after your fabulous winter break!

    ReplyDelete