Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read





I am joining in on this weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week there is a different top ten list topic and a bunch of bloggers weighing in. Head on over there to see more of the great blogs participating.

Today's topic really got me thinking.  These are the authors I could think of that I have not yet read.  I am sure there are many, many, many other popular authors that I haven't read.

#1 Stephen King--I may be cheating a little bit here because I have read his memoir On Writing but I have never read any of his novels.  I like the story ideas and the movies that I have seen based on his books, but I have never actually sat down to read one.

#2 Henry James--I don't know if this author actually qualifies as "popular." However, as an English major whose favorite books are comedies of manners from the same time period in which he was writing, it is quite weird that I have never read his books.

#3 E.L. Doctorow--I have heard of him and know his books have been made into many movies, but have never read one.

#4 Willa Cather--Another American author that I should have read by now but haven't.

#5 Lee Child--As a mystery fan, it is really odd that I haven't read any of the Jack Reacher books yet.

#6 Stephanie Perkins--I have heard many really great things about Anna and the French Kiss but have not read it yet.  This is definitely an author that I need to read.

#7 Jack Gantos--I have not read any novels by Jack Gantos, although I have read his memoir as well.

#8 Junot Diaz--I have heard a lot of great things about this author and his works, but have yet to pick up a book by him.

#9 Ursula LeGuin--Her books always seemed to high fantasy for me, but lately I have been reading more fantasy so now might be the time to try some.

#10 Orson Scott Card--With the movie of Ender's Game coming out this year, I realized that I have never read anything by this author either.


My reading is about as eclectic as this list.  I enjoyed thinking about which authors I have never read.  I will have to aim to remedy this as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment