Monday, March 23, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 3/23


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? --From Picture Books to YA is a weekly meme started by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers. This is a chance for bloggers to recap their week of reading and share their plans for the next reading adventures they will take. Visit the host blogs for a list of great blogs participating in this meme and a whole bunch of titles to add to your to-read lists.

Books I Finished This Week:

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr is a breathtakingly beautiful book. I loved this historical fiction book. The language in this book was gorgeous and the characters were so intriguing. What I liked the most is that the author really brought out the fact that the characters were who they were doing what they were because of circumstances of where they lived when the war started. This is a beautiful story and heartbreaking read, but so worth it. 

La mirada de los angeles by Camilla Lackberg is the 8th book in her Fjallbacka series. It is another great murder mystery featuring Patrick Hedstrom and the crew in the Tanumshed police squad. The first three mysteries in this series are available in the USA in English and I would highly recommend them. 


I was lucky enough to have a school author visit last week from Tina and Carson Kugler, authors of In Mary's Garden. I highly recommend this great picture book about a real-life Milwaukee artist. For more information visit my Slice of Life post from Friday here.







Books I am Currently Reading:

I just started listening to Outlander by Diane Gabaldon. I have both the Kindle book and the Audible audiobook so I will probably switch back and forth between listening and reading this one. I also am reading a nonfiction book from Netgalley about Chocolate and its history. So far it is a very interesting glimpse into ancient cultures of South America.

What's Next?

I am probably going to pick up some of the middle grade titles that I have sitting on my shelves. I want to be able to cross a number of titles off my TBR list and I have been reading long books lately so it will be nice to read some shorter selections. 

4 comments:

  1. How lucky you were, wow to a school visit/book share. Happy reading week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Mary's Garden sounds fascinating! Off to add it to my list...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your's is the second post about In Mary's Garden this week. I think I will have to find a copy of it. I've got All the Light We Cannot See coming soon from the library as an audiobook. I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intrigued by All The Light We Can Not See - I have to catch up on my adult novels. Mary's Garden looks beautiful too. :)

    ReplyDelete