Monday, March 9, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 3/9


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? --From Picture Books to YA is a weekly meme started by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers. This is a chance for bloggers to recap their week of reading and share their plans for the next reading adventures they will take. Visit the host blogs for a list of great blogs participating in this meme and a whole bunch of titles to add to your to-read lists.

Books I Finished This Week:


Patient Zero: Solving the Mysteries of Deadly Epidemics by Marilee Peters was a fascinating read about how epidemiologists solve the mysteries behind how epidemics started. I highly recommend this very intriguing nonfiction title.



The Forgotten Sisters (Princess Academy, #3) by Shannon Hale is another great read. I really enjoyed going back to Miri's world for another adventure. I recommend this one for fans of the other Princess Academy books. And if you haven't read this series, you should!



Duke by Kirby Larson is a good historical fiction novel. I did not know anything about the movement during World War II of donating family pets for service with the military. I enjoyed the story and was able to identify with the protagonist, as I think all kids who own dogs would. I can't wait to share this title with my fourth graders.


Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge was an interesting book. It is a fractured retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I thought it was an interesting premise, but not really my cup of tea. If you like science fiction, you will probably like this book. I might have enjoyed the book more in print. I may have lost some of the details while listening to the audio.


Books I am Currently Reading:

I started All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and La mirada de los angeles by Camilla Lackberg. I also am reading a Netgalley of Chocolate: Sweet Science and Dark Secrets of the World's Favorite Treat. This will be another good nonfiction book to add to my classroom library. I am learning a lot about history as well as about cacao trees and cocoa. I also picked up The Right to Write last week.

What's Next?

I probably won't have much time to read anything besides the books I have already started. If I do get finished or decide to pick up another book, I will be choosing from my TBR pile.



No comments:

Post a Comment