Friday, March 22, 2013

Healthy Goals (Slice 22 of 31)



This post is a part of the Slice of Life challenge which is hosted on the Two Writing Teachers blog. The month of March the challenge is to write a blog post a day.


I had a glorious day off today after the grueling week of parent conferences.  The conferences went well and I was able to have some great conversations with parents and families of the students I work with.  I still want to work to make my communications better, but I am glad to know that most families understand.  

Today I will write a quick post so I can get back to reading.    

I have been very frustrated with myself lately because of the choices I am making about food and exercise.  I feel like today is the day to publicly proclaim that I am going to take control of this.  No more excuses.  I need to cut back on sugars and eat better and I need to make sure that I am regularly exercising.  

This week I will start will another daily challenge to myself.  I will exercise every day for at least 15 minutes...every day.  I need to do this for a little while to get myself back in the habit of making time for exercise.  This blogging challenge has helped me to write every day, now I am challenging myself to move every day.  

I need to move toward healthier eating habits again, but I am not sure yet what the goal will be there.  I may incorporate some small postscript to my slices each day.  I'm still working on this one.  

8 comments:

  1. Good Luck to you! Sigh, I need to do the same, but next week is parent teacher conferences, so I have to wait a week to have a life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goal of exercising. I've been trying to get back in that habit as well. So far I'm making it at least a few days a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel the same way. Why is it so hard to do? Every week I swear it's the week I'm going off soda. Then I get to work on Monday and make it until lunch before I pop open a Pepsi. The rest of the days I don't even make it until recess. Ugh! Good luck to you. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I struggle with this too! Having a dog helps me get a little exercise, but I really have to start eating better! And like you, I tell myself this every day- mostly in the morning before I get out of bed and start putting junk in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--writing and exercising every day?!?!? Good luck with that. I'm cheering for you, though, and I'll watch for your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last April, as the SOL ended, I started the "at least 15 minutes daily exercise" challenge. I have done OK with it...but the SOL wiring makes it really hard to do...so I give myself a 2 days off each week! The problem I have with the exercise challenge is that I have no FEEDBACK from anyone! I keep hoping th scales will tell me something nice about my treadmill time, but they just stare back at me with that blank look! Perhaps we need a support exercise blog group? SIgn me up please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know a lot of us connect with this post! Great goals, and I hope you achieve them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Physical. So important. Where our spirit resides and when we honor the physical and emotions and spirit soars. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete