Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Night Fun (Slice 8 of 31)


This post is a part of the Slice of Life challenge which is hosted on the Two Writing Teachers blog.  The month of March the challenge is to write a blog post a day.

Today I went out with my husband.  We have a favorite bar in our neighborhood that is an awesome beer bar.  They have been named in the top 100 beer bars in the United States in multiple magazines.

This bar is Sugar Maple in Milwaukee, WI.  The bar has 62 craft beers on tap.  Because of our patronage at this bar, I have become a beer snob.  What I love best are the bartenders that we know well.  It is fun to catch up with Josh and Rob when we go there.  It kind of feels like Cheers to us at this point.  Woo-hoo for friendly places with excellent beer!

The next stop for us was our favorite restaurant in the city.  This is an authentic Mexican restaurant with the best Mexican food I have ever had.  If you are ever in Milwaukee, you should visit Guanajuato Restaurant in Bay View (or GTO as the locals call it).  I had some amazing enchiladas tonight, but everything I have tried on their menu has been awesome.

I came home tonight ready to take the night off.  I have spent all week working on grades and tomorrow I need to finish with report cards.  I enjoyed the night off with my husband and now it is time to read...

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great way to end your week. My cousin used to be the executive chef for a chain of brew pubs. I'm not much of a beer drinker myself, but I loved visiting his restaurants and seeing the beer being crafted right there. Good luck with report cards. I'm finishing up my stack of research papers this weekend.

    ReplyDelete